Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 10-12 minutes Yields: 24 mini muffins
For Muffin mixture: - 1/2 cup white sugar - 1/4 cup butter, melted - 1/2 cup milk - 1 cup flour - 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg - 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar - 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Combine sugar, butter, vanilla and milk in a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg just until combined.
4. Combine the dry ingredients a little at a time into the wet ingredients.
5. Once the mixture is all combined place mini muffin liners into the muffin pan.
6. Start scooping mixture into the mini muffin pan. (Tip: if you use a mini ice scooper or melon baller, it'll make the scooping process a lot easier)
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. While muffins are baking, get the topping ready. Place 1/4 c. of melted butter in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
9. Once baked, dip each muffin in the melted butter then roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Let cool before storing.